World Mental Health Day raises awareness for the entire world in a compassionate manner with a unified voice, giving people hope by enabling them to take action and drive up long-lasting change. In conjunction with World Mental Health Day 2022, the World Health Organisation launches this year’s theme and slogan of Making Mental Health & Well-Being for All a Global Priority.
The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in a worldwide mental health crisis, causing millions of people to experience short-term and long-term stress and affecting their mental health. Therefore, we must be conscious of our mental health status because anxiety and despair are becoming more common across the globe.
So how are you doing, really?
As we are adapting to the new normal life, here are 5 stress management tips that might be helpful for you:
- Make exercising a part of your daily routine. This might sound cliche, but it is one of the best ways to relax your body and mind. Either going for a brisk walk, cycling or even an indoor workout will help improve your overall health and sense of well-being.
- Eating a healthy and balanced diet can help to control your mood and increase your energy. Make sure not to skip meals and eat small meals regularly to avoid tiredness and irritability.
- Find the little things that bring you joy in life. Think about the things that make you happy and create those moments that can make you feel content.
- Strike up a conversation because it is important to stay connected with people that you trust. Expressing your feelings and the things that bother your mind, can help in reducing your stress and anxiety.
- Enhance your sleep quality by getting enough rest at night. Good sleep quality leaves such a big impact on your health, either physically or mentally.
Walking alongside the 3rd Sustainable Development Goal of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UNDESA)’s initiative that highlights the importance to ensure a healthy life and promoting well-being for all at all ages, Funding Societies | Modalku (FSMK) also recognises the value of both physical and mental wellness by providing mental health and wellness support for our employees. Some of our initiatives include:
- Access to MindFi.co platform, a wellness app that provides self-care and group care resources, one-to-one private care sessions with certified counsellors, and interactive masterclasses.
- FSMK Wellness Wednesday webinars and masterclasses that focus on a variety of wellness and mental health themes during these trying times.
- FSMK Workout sessions to keep everyone healthy and fit as well as improve our brain health.
To learn more about #WorldMentalHealthDay 2022, check this out.
Disclaimer: The information provided to you in this blog post is intended only for general information purposes only and does not constitute legal or other professional advice on any subject matter. The materials and the information provided are not intended to be and do not constitute an advertisement or solicitation. In no event will Funding Societies be liable to any party for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages for use of such information by you or any unauthorised third party.
- Pioneer to Leader: Meet Vikas Jain, FSMK’s First Employee - September 26, 2023
- Harvesting Opportunities: Innovations in Financing Capital-intensive Startups - August 22, 2023
- Enhancing Business Cash Flow through Accounts Receivable Financing - August 17, 2023