Table of Contents
What is it like to lead Funding Societies | Modalku’s Compliance team?
1. What is your professional background?
I was formerly a senior banker. In my former role, I was a General Manager and Head of Risk Management for a foreign bank in Singapore.
2. What are the 2 most important skills required in your daily work?
I would say that problem solving skills and being meticulous are the keys to risk and compliance.
3. What do you like most about your team?
My team is a bunch of very dedicated game-changing “multipliers”.
4. 3 words to describe your leadership style?
Directional, empowering, and mentorship
5. What do you look forward to at work the most?
Setting directions, rolling out strategies, achieving milestones and goals.
6. How would you describe your time here so far in 3 words?
Preparing to soar✈️
7. What do you love about Funding Societies’ work culture?
I believe that at Funding Societies we are building a new industry, and we are already making changes towards this new industry.
8. What’s your favourite piece of career advice ?
Only labour and devotion to one’s mission gives life its worth.
9. How would you explain what you do to a 5 year old?
With my team, we build solutions to work out past, current, and future challenges and problems.
10. Use 3 emojis to represent what you do at Funding Societies.
11. Describe a typical work day for you, from the time you wake up to the time you go to bed. (Yes we know everyday is different :))
08:30 –10:00: Administrative issues
10:00 – 12:30: Credit or Compliance matters & meetings
13:30 – 16:00: Portfolio matters & meetings
16:00 – 19:00: Strategic or Operational Risk matters & meetings
21:00 – late: Strategic or Credit matters
12. What is one most important career lesson you would pass down to your team or the next batch of leaders?
To ask oneself: What do I want to imprint and impart?
Like what you read about our team? If you’re interested in a FinTech career with us, check out our careers page below!
Disclaimer: The information provided to you in this blog post is intended only for general information purposes only and does not constitute legal or other professional advice on any subject matter. The materials and the information provided are not intended to be and do not constitute an advertisement or solicitation. In no event will Funding Societies be liable to any party for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages for use of such information by you or any unauthorised third party.
- Pioneer to Leader: Meet Vikas Jain, FSMK’s First Employee - September 26, 2023
- Harvesting Opportunities: Innovations in Financing Capital-intensive Startups - August 22, 2023
- Enhancing Business Cash Flow through Accounts Receivable Financing - August 17, 2023