Table of Contents
1. Put the money in separate accountsHopefully, prior to loan application, you have already prepared a solid budget plan and have decided what important purchases to allocate your funds. Prevent yourself from spending misdemeanors by putting the loan funds in a separate account. That way, you won’t be tempted to spend the money on daily operational expenses and less urgent purchases.
2. Set up automatic loan repaymentsDon’t ruin your credit score because of late or missed loan repayments. You will find it more difficult to borrow money in the future. To prevent this, set up an automatic repayment scheme – most lenders have an online banking system that allows borrowers to auto-repay their loans. Once the scheme is in place, you don’t even have to keep a mental note on repayments anymore.
3. Carry on cutting costs and planning your budgetContinue to save money, trim your budget, and plan for your business’ future. While the approved loan funds make it easier for you to make purchases, spending should go to expenses that will help your business grow or increase company productivity. Keep on anticipating future funding needs and searching for opportunities to lower existing costs.
4. Don’t spend just because you canPerhaps you have a small expense that can easily be covered by your newly acquired loan money. Maybe you think that spending a bit of the money won’t affect your financial strategy. Don’t – it’s a slippery slope. Even small costs add up and can eventually lead to cash depletion. Have good operational control of your funds. Make sure you give someone trustworthy the authority to release funds. If possible, give yourself access to monitor the flow of loan funds.
Getting your loan approved is hard. Managing your approved loan to achieve your dreams of company growth is even harder. Be disciplined, be vigilant, and be careful with the money. Good luck!
In need for funds? Check your eligibility now![contact-form-7 id=’1892′ title=’Business Loan Lead Capture Form’]
Latest posts by Funding Societies (see all)
- Understanding the ‘G’ in ESG - March 21, 2023
- Funding Societies Singapore: Introduction to our SME Loan, Virtual Card, and Expense Management Products 2023 - March 9, 2023
- #EmbraceEquity: Taking a step towards Equity - March 8, 2023